Calculating shipping from the U.S. to Canada is a straightforward process. The amount of postage you must pay depends upon the weight of your package, the desired speed of delivery, and the origination and destination points of the package. The shape and dimensions of your package may also play a role.
These are some cross border solutions from Canada Post, USPS, FedEx, and UPS
Canada Post has a network of trusted channel partners to simplify fulfillment, transportation, and customs clearance before inducting your items into our network. Whether it’s for personal or business purposes, check out the Canada Post website for cross border shipping solutions.
Use this UPS Country or Territory Regulations tool to find all of the specific documentation and regulations that may affect your international shipments.
• Import and export forms
• Customs clearance information and duties and taxes
• Areas served
• Billing options
• Gift exemptions
• Invoice requirements
• Items classified as documents
• Prohibited or restricted items
• Transportation options
• Special clearance requirements
• Value limits
• Weight and size limits
FedEx International Ground® service to Canada accommodates single packages to consolidated or palletized shipments. Plus, get information on billing for clearance entry fees.
FedEx International Ground Service to Canada
You have several options for reaching your customers across the border in Canada:
• Day-definite, door-to-door delivery in 2–7 business days for packages weighing less than 150 lbs.
• You can opt to bill the clearance entry fee to a third party, shipper or recipient, as long as they are the Importer of Record.
• Comprehensive coverage from the U.S. to 100 percent of Canadian business and residential addresses.
Learn more about how to ship internationally via FedEx.
Hopefully, the Americans will save the USPS because it would be a massive disruption for shipping if they are defunded!
Their site provides an international postage price calculator that can help you determine how much shipping your package will cost.
6–10 Business Day & Flat Rate Shipping
Priority Mail International® service is a reliable and affordable way to ship to more than 190 countries, including Canada and Australia. Use free Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes to pay one price, regardless of box weight, up to 70 lbs. Postage rates vary based on destination. Prices start at $26.90.
You want to buy something online, you put it in your shopping cart – and you try to put in a Canadian delivery address and you can’t! The seller doesn’t ship to Canada.
This happens all the time – and BorderBuddy has a solution.
Here’s a bit of a checklist to work around this:
1. Will the website take a Canadian Credit Card? If they take a Canadian Credit Card, then you’re one step closer to making this happen.
2. If the website does NOT take a Canadian Credit Card, then you may be out of luck unless you have a U.S. Credit Card that you can use.
3. So, if you’re able to pay for the item – then you’re one step closer to getting your item.
4. We will provide you with a U.S. shipping address to ship your item for.
5. We will provide you a quote to clear your item through Canada customs and ship your item from the U.S. to your Canadian address.
If you need help with shipping from the US to Canada, or shipping from Canada to US, don’t hesitate to call your buddy at the border. We’re here to help.
Ready for some help getting your shipment across the border?
You’re just a click away from getting started!
Jay Mohl, Sales & Marketing, Parksville Boathouse Parksville B.C.
Amanda Burr at BorderBuddy made our shipment seamless and her customer service was outstanding. Without question, we will work with Amanda and BorderBuddy again in the future. Thanks Amanda!
“I used BorderBuddy when were in a jam with a small tile shipment to Canada — just called them randomly after a Google search. Blair handled our case, and was in constant communication with updates, and got our shipment released within 24 hours, even though we were starting the process from scratch. Based on this experience, I can’t recommend Blair and the BorderBuddy team highly enough. Even though this was just a small shipment, they handled it like it was the most important on their agenda. We will definitely work with them again in the future – hopefully though, not on an emergency basis! THANK YOU!!”
company is always so very helpful in getting things across the border without any headaches. Tara was our agent this time around and she was prompt in answering any questions, super polite over the phone and coordinated everything for us. Highly recommend using their services.