Are you having trouble keeping your import/export papers in order? BorderBuddy ensures you have the right documents for clearing your items seamlessly through customs.
What is a commercial invoice?
Every international shipment must have its own accompanying commercial invoice. A commercial invoice is an essential document required for international shipping. Its purpose is to provide key assessment info for customs authorities.
The (devilish) details in your commercial invoice:
- Tells customs authorities whether your goods can go in and out of a country
- What, if any controls are needed for handling them
- Determines duties and taxes on your goods.
What info is required?
- The purpose of the good, is it trade or a gift?
- The sender and receiver’s complete details, these must match exactly or you may face delays, penalties, or even have your import/export rejected
- Any HS, HTS or Schedule B codes specific to your product and its purpose.
If this is turning you off the idea of importing, let’s stop you right there. It is confusing, there are a lot of things to remember, but it is also financially rewarding, and even fun. Working with your dedicated BorderBuddy team, you have an expert pal in the process. Reap the rewards without being wracked with uncertainty.
Let’s chat! Get a free quote today and let BorderBuddy set you up for success.